Habitat for Humanity - Delaware County, PA
Job Description: Operations Associate
The Operations Associate is a volunteer position to facilitate the smooth operation of the Affiliate and its interactions with the public. The general duties are to gather inquiries and requests arriving by telephone, email and postal mail and distribute them to the appropriate Habitat volunteer committee chair. Some routine requests for information may be replied directly as directed by the office supervisor.
- Answer incoming calls when on duty and retrieve voice mail messages. Log the call or voicemail by transcribing to an email addressed to the appropriate committee chair and retain a copy of email on the computer memory. A committee roster and description of the committees area of responsibility will be provided and updated as needed.
- Review incoming emails in the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox and forward to the appropriate committee chair, retaining a copy, similar to phone messages.
- Sort incoming postal mail by category, e.g., supplier invoices and bills, contributions, other inquiries and distribute to committee chair mailboxes. Email the committee chair when there is mail to be picked up.
- Support committees by making copies or printing items as requested. The request should be in email with enough detail to make the task and requested completion date clear.
- Experience with Microsoft Office computer software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email software.
- Good telephone skills and ability to listen and take accurate messages. Experience interacting with a wide variety of people in the general population.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Reliable and communicative nature. Accomplishing what is agreed and communicating professionally when something cannot be completed or achieved as requested.
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-1/2 hours once or twice per week Tuesday-Friday