Housing Navigation Volunteer
Location: The Salvation Army Social Services Housing Assessment Program
1120 Monroe NW, Ste. 250, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Objective: The volunteer will provide support to staff and clients for/during our Housing Navigation Group meetings
Parameters: The volunteer will work with AmeriCorps* service members and Salvation Army Staff, providing support for their work for/during Housing Navigation Group.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
- Minimum one in-person meeting with AmeriCorps member per week.
- Attend at least one Navigation hour a week (2-3p Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of Navigation hour on day of attendance (about half an hour before and after).
- Contacting Navigation community partners and updating their information.
- Assisting with finding new community partners when needed.
- Assisting with organization and dissemination of Navigation hour resources
- Assisting clients with resource navigation (training required).
- 18 years or older
- Must be friendly, efficient, and professional.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Consent to a general criminal history background check**.
- Signing of confidentiality and non-harassment policy.
- Must attend all volunteer training sessions pertaining to Navigation hour.
- Must shadow AmeriCorps or staff member before engaging in direct service of clients.
- Must complete Safe from Harm training before engaging in direct service of clients
- CTEH and AmeriCorps program information session
- Office policy Walkthrough
- Housing Action Plan training.
- Navigation hour training.
- Hands-on experience in a professional environment.
- Networking opportunities.
- Free training
- Professional development.
- Civic engagement
Number of Volunteers Needed: 2
Supervisor: Raechel Wrona
Sign Up Link: http://bit.ly/navigationvol
Kent County Volunteer Services
1215 Fulton Street East
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Office Phone: 616-459-3433 x1184
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training