Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing, all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community. We do not have a physical location but instead have a network of volunteers in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia tri-state area.
Here is what the Secretary role entails:
- Contributing skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings and committee work
- Maintaining schedules and meeting minutes and coordinating meetings
- Preparing and managing reports and documents
- Taking, maintaining and distributing meeting minutes
- Managing official correspondence as needed including acknowledgement of donations
- Preparing and distributing meeting agendas
- Maintaining the organizational record
Board meetings are held once a month on a Monday and convene in Frederick, MD every other month and via teleconference every opposing month. They start at 6:30 p.m. and usually end around 8:30 p.m.
The role will require a commitment of around 2-3 hours per week. Each Board term is 2 years.
Prior experience on a Board of Directors is preferred but not required.
If you are ready to help make a tangible difference in the lives of little animals, please email your resume to Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Administrative Support
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training