Provide one-on-one legal consulting to WomenVenture clients for startup & emerging businesses.
Skills and Qualifications:
The most successful legal consultants have experience in the following areas:
- Law degree from an accredited school and licensed attorney in the state of MN required.
- 3+ years of recent, relevant, proven legal experience with a law firm and/or in house with a company
- Demonstrated experience advising small businesses in transactional matters, such as entity formation, partnership formation or dissolution, intellectual property law, legal rights and obligations, claiming or protecting liability.
- Ability to analyze the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Ability to analyze legal data to determine advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits.
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements for B2C and B2B businesses, such as leases, liability waivers, purchase agreements, etc.
- Commitment to WomenVenture’s Mission and passion for entrepreneurship
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Professional dress and attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Teaching, coaching, or facilitation experience preferred
- Small Business owners a plus
Consultants commit to meeting with WomenVenture clients on a case-by-case basis at their convenience. Timing is flexible.
Submit a volunteer interest application, resume, and letter of recommendation. Consultants undergo a background check and attend an orientation.
WomenVenture Staff will work to pair you with the right opportunities.
Contact:Laura Euller, Client Resource Manager, (612) 224-9558, email@example.com
- Legal (General)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We prefer 6 months to a year.