Become an intern with Portland Fruit Tree Project, and join a vibrant and growing nonprofit organization that is strengthening communities and making fresh, healthful food available to all!
The Outreach & Communications Intern will assist in spreading the word about PFTP, in order to bring diverse participants into our programs and promote the organization. The intern will also assist with communications projects to support Portland Fruit Tree Project’s growing programs.
Duration:We require a commitment of 310 internship hours from mid-June to mid-December (around the 15 th of each month).
Schedule: 12-20 hours each week. You must have some weekend and evening availability. Extra points if you are available 9am-2pm some Sundays!
Location: You would be working primarily out of PFTP’s headquarters in NE Portland, and also at outreach events throughout the city.
This internship is unpaid, but the rewards are many - including a great learning experience and the unique opportunity to be a part of a vibrant and growing organization.
This intern will...
- Schedule and coordinate outreach activities
- Perform related outreach tracking, record-keeping, and data entry
- Represent PFTP and our info booth at various outreach events
- Create and distribute publicity materials for volunteer opportunities, events and more
- Assist with web, social media, and newsletter communications
- Assist PFTP staff and board with fundraising activities if needed
- Potential for additional projects (depending on the intern’s skill set and time commitment)
We are looking for...
- Familiarity and comfort with computers, including email, MS Office Suite, data entry, etc.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-motivation and organization, the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Flexible schedule (many of our outreach events are on evenings and weekends)
- Commitment to the mission/goals of Portland Fruit Tree Project
- Experience with community outreach, web content/social media would be great, but not required!
Want to apply?
Email a resume and a couple paragraphs about why you’re interested in this internship to Nicole Weinstock at email@example.com. Use the subject title "Outreach & Comms Internship." Applications are due by Monday, May 16 th.
Please call or email Nicole at 503-284-6106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Service
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 12-20 hours per week for 6 months
- see job description above