Logistic Center Volunteer
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
70 people are interested
Description: Each day we receive new and gently used items through the generosity of our local merchants and community members. We sell these items to the public with all proceeds going to support our shelters, counseling, and other services. These stores are a vital part of our organization because they provide the largest and most consistent source of funds for our program. All merchandise is also available to our residents, at no cost, as they rebuild their lives after the devastating effects of domestic violence and homelessness. To minimize the risk of injury, close-toed shoes are required.
The volunteer sorter graciously accepts boxes and bags full of donated items from members of our community. Then, often working together, the sorter(s) will inspect the items for damage and put them into the appropriate categories for further pricing and processing (i.e women’s clothing, kids toys, books, etc.)
This might be a good fit for you if:
- You are a self-described "treasure hunter," or you enjoy the surprise of opening a box with no idea what will be inside
- You know about name brands of clothing or household items (or are willing to learn)
- You will enjoy using your attentive eye to find defects on items (including missing buttons, broken zippers, small stains, etc.)
- When needed, you are able to lift 25 lbs (example; a black trash bag full of clothing)
- You love clothes, books, accessories, shoes or shopping!
- You are able to work while standing
- You enjoy being a part of a great team made up of committed and diverse volunteers and staff members