Description : Sorters graciously accept boxes and bags full of donated items from members of our community (and, occasionally politely declining items we unfortunately cannot accept). Then, often working together, the sorter(s) will inspect the items for damage put them into the appropriate categories for further pricing and processing (eg. women’s clothing, kids toys, books, etc.). Depending on the section, items may also be placed on a hanger, receive a tag or size sticker, etc. Items that are out of season are bagged and stored for pick up from our recycler. Sorters are also always looking out for special treasures (high end name brand items, items with tags, some antiques). The specifics of our sorting system are learned through on-the-job training.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Arlington Heights Resale Store...
- Administrative Volunteer
- Be a Friend - Become a Safe...
- eBay volunteer
- Logistic Center Volunteer
- Niles Resale Store Cashier
- Niles Resale Store
- Project Lifeline Mentor
- Resale Store Volunteer
- Help Suburban Latinas flee from...
- Schaumburg Resale Store Cashier
- Have fun with kids - become a...
- Answer the Crisis Line at our...