Founded in 2005, WCLA, the Women’s Center of Los Angeles is a grass-root and virtual nonprofit organization created to help at-risk women and girls gain the skills and experience they need to increase their self-determination and independence through education. We accomplish this through our Girls to Grads mentoring program and our Women Supporting Women education/support group program. WCLA is committed to engaging and celebrating the talent and potential of at-risk women and girls as we help them prepare for success on the next steps on their path by providing a solid base of support, encouragement, and community.
WCLA is seeking a Development and Administrative Intern/Volunteer to support our work and gain experience in nonprofit development and management. The Development and Administrative Intern/Volunteer will be responsible for building and managing a development department infrastructure; researching funding opportunities; and assisting in the proposal submission process. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain substantive experience in nonprofit development and to be part of a small, dedicated, and team.
Candidates will demonstrate experience managing multiple tasks while having a keen attention to detail and must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This volunteer will mostly work remotely (online) and must be available for face-to-face meetings in the Hollywood and Santa Monica areas. A commitment of 10 hours a week for a minimum of 3 - 6 months is required. The hours are flexible, and all applicants must be Los Angeles residents.
- Research prospective funders including: individual donors, grants, foundations, corporations, and government
- Develop and maintain accurate donor and prospect databases
- Develop and maintain standard development department management systems and procedures
- Create reports to analyze giving trends and fund raising activities
- Assist with donor communications, gifts processing data entry, and thank you letters
- Help cultivate relationships with funders
- High level of professionalism and resourcefulness-- the ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience in collaborate, creative work environments
- Proficiency and knowledge of PC, including strong experience with MS Word and Excel
To apply, you must send your resume and a completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application can be found at womenscenterla.org. All responses sent via VolunteerMatch must include an email address and telephone number.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 - 6 months