Parental Stress Line Counselor Next training 4/18/20, 9am-3pm
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Parents Helping Parents is a nonprofit offering two services to parents in need: The Parental Stress Line and Parent Support Groups. Our goal is to empower parents to their nurture children and build stronger families.Our Parental Stress Line is open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week and it is confidential and anonymous.
PHP is seeking volunteer counselors to offer support and act as a listening ear for parents in crisis.
Volunteers do not need prior counseling experience for this opportunity. Volunteers will be trained on crisis intervention and basic counseling techniques at our Watertown office. Once training is complete, calls may be taken at home or on a personal cell phone.
As a Parental Stress Line Counselor, you will learn valuable counseling skills, meet other like-minded volunteers, and be able to give back to your community.
PHP asks volunteers to commit to 50 four-hour shifts OR 20 overnight shifts totaling 200 hours for the year.
Visit our website at www.parentshelpingparents.org, click on the volunteer tab.
For more information: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Claudia Vigil at 617-926-5008 x103.
About Parents Helping Parents
108 Water Street, Watertown, MA 02472, US
Parents Helping Parents empowers parents to nurture their children and build stronger families.
Parents Helping Parents (PHP)'s prevention philosophy is grounded in a self-help model based on the belief that parents are capable of developing their own solutions when given the space, encouragement, and community resources that they need. Thus, it is the parents themselves who decide the direction a conversation will take during a Parent Support Group meeting or Parental Stress Line.
Through a combination of trust, mutual support, honesty, and collective wisdom, involvement with PHP can become the foundation for a parent's own personal growth and change.
Parents Helping Parents runs 2 services:
1. Parental Stress Line: a 24/7, free and anonymous helpline that provides telephone counseling and information and referral to parents (call: 1-800-632-8188). Once training is complete, volunteers generally take calls at home.
2. Parent Support Groups: network of free and anonymous support groups that meet in many locations throughout Massachusetts. (see a list of current groups on our website at www.parentshelpingparents.org)
We'll work with your schedule.
Work from homeWaltham, MA 02453
- Crisis Intervention
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- People Skills
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 3.5 hour-shift; weekly or one overnight every other week
- 6 hours of training in our office plus online training and mentoring by phone.