Fisheries observers are biologists who work alongside commercial fishermen to collect data on the fish catch, including seabirds, whales, dolphins and sea turtles. Love that tuna? Guess what else gets caught to bring that fish to your plate - seabirds, sharks, whales, dolphins, many other species. Fisheries observers witness human trafficking, drug trafficking and othe illegal activites as tuna companies try to increase their profits. We are a 15 year old nonprofit trying to raise awareness about the link between the fish on our plate and the illegal activity out at sea. Many opportunities from web design to nonprofit development. We need a web guru to help revamp out website and social media:
Here's what we need right now (though there are many other opportunities that are ongoing):
1. Guide us through the process of creating a new web site: switching webhosts, creating an associated list-serve, adding a search engine to the site, adding an associated blog.
2. Help us design the website pages so that it is easy for the public to navigate. We are an information rich website, so we need a way to categorize for easy navigation.
Our passion is ocean conservation, human rights, and workers rights! Please check out our current website: www.apo-observers.org
- Database Administration
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Macintosh Platform
- Web Design
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week until done
- Please help us set up a new website and list serv so that we can manage it ourselves. Thank you!!