Office Assistance Needed
82 people are interested
Help out at your local American Cancer Society office! We need administrative assistance in support of our Cowford Ball fundraising event.
Time Commitment: This opportunity takes place during regular business hours, 9am - 5pm, Monday through Friday. Hours will be limited based on availability of our one dedicated volunteer computer. Approximately two to three hours per day, one or two days per week.
Required Training: Orientation training and onsite training are required and provided.
Benefits: Our staff will train you and provide support to help you be successful. This volunteer opportunity has a somewhat flexible scheduling to allow you to help out during the week when it works for your schedule. It is a great way to learn and develop new job skills while helping others. You get to build relationships with Society staff and other volunteers, and make a difference in your local community.
Volunteer Positions and Responsibilities:
- Data entry using Excel spreadsheets
- Organizing materials and assembling packets
- Preparing and processing documents for mailing
- Preparing items for event leadership meetings
- Computer skills, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word; Ability to operate office copy machine and postage machine.
- A background check may be required for certain tasks and opportunities.
- Volunteers should be comfortable interacting with others and able to follow simple directions.
- Orientation and Privacy Training must be completed and A Volunteer Service Acknowledgment must be signed prior to start date.
Please contact Peggy McLenithan at email@example.com
1430 Prudential DriveJacksonville, FL 32207
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- at least a two-hour block of time