Position Description: Volunteer Donation Processor
Hours: Weekly or as available - 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM - Weekly basis or as available
Help maintain warehouse in orderly manner, cleans and makes minor repairs to donated items as needed.
- Timely and damage-free handling of donated items.
- Orderly maintenance of warehouse to take maximum advantage of available space.
- Testing and displaying of appliances and electronic items as needed.
- Maintain safe environment for customers, donors, staff and volunteers.
- Greet arriving and departing donors.
- Provide excellent customer service to all ReStore shoppers and donors.
- Maintains orderly displays of all merchandise and assists customers in physical movement of merchandise.
- Utilizes crap recycling to support the Habitat mission.
- Checks all items prior to sale to ascertain if they are in working order; performs minor repairs when appropriate. Maintains repair area and tools in good condition.
- Able to work independently and under supervision.
- Knowledge of home improvement materials helpful.
- Ability to project a friendly and positive image of Habitat for Humanity.
- Attention to detail and able to work with numbers.
- Computer capable for researching products online.
- Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly basis or as available