Position Description: Volunteer Merchandiser
Hours: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM or 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
The Merchandiser works with the Merchandising Coordinator to ensure that all merchandise on the sales floor is clean, priced, and in the right location. Will also provide excellent customer service to ReStore customers and occasionally donors. Will provide cashiering services when appropriate and arrange for merchandise loading/pick up.
- Make sure that all merchandise that is on the sales floor is clean and priced.
- Greet arriving and departing customers.
- Provide excellent customer service to all ReStore shoppers and donors.
- Supervise volunteers daily.
- Answer phones when needed.
- Organize and lead volunteers on a daily basis.
- Answer questions regarding products and home projects.
- Able to work independently and under supervision.
- Knowledge of home improvement materials helpful.
- Ability to project a friendly and positive image of Habitat for Humanity.
- Attention to detail and able to work with numbers.
- Computer capable for researching products online.
- Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly basis or as available