About the Institute
The Institute for Immigrant Concerns (http://http://instituteforimmigrantconcerns.com/) is committed to equipping immigrant communities city-wide with English skills, computer training, job readiness, and referalls for social services. The Institute empowers immigrant families and communities in their quest for social and economic independence. To reach immigrants the Institute operates across New York City and frequently collaborates with other community groups. Our staff is as diverse as our clients and draws on talented individuals to create a powerful, sustainable impact in America's newest immigrants.
The Bilingual Administrative Assistant is essential to maintaining an efficient office environment in support of Institute programs, staff, and volunteers. This position will be responsible for general office administration, organizing office resources, coordination of program activities, and program management support. This is an ideal position for those seeking administrative experience at a busy Manhattan non-profit. This program welcomes retired professionals. Though this position is primarily administrative, it presents an opportunity to get an introduction to non-profit management.
- Commitment to work 3 months minimum
- Bilingual oral and written skills, preferably Russian but other languages welcome
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of foreign languages
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Ability to work independently and alongside a team of staff and volunteers with a passion for immigrant empowerment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
This internship is unpaid, but college credit may be available.
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment