About the Institute
The Institute for Immigrant Concerns (http://http://instituteforimmigrantconcerns.com/) is committed to equipping immigrant communities city-wide with English skills, computer training, job readiness, and referalls for social services. The Institute empowers immigrant families and communities in their quest for social and economic independence. To reach immigrants the Institute operates across New York City and frequently collaborates with other community groups. Our staff is as diverse as our clients and draws on talented individuals to create a powerful, sustainable impact in America's newest immigrants.
The Bilingual Administrative Assistant is essential to maintaing an efficient office environment in support of Institute programs, staff, and volunteers. This position will be responsible for general office administration, organizing office resources, coordination of program activities, and program management support. This is an ideal position for those seeking administrative experience at a busy Manhattan non-profit. Though this internship is primarily administrative, it presents an opportunity to get an introduction to non-profit management.
- Commitment to work 3 months minimum
- Bilingual oral and written skills, preferably Spanish but other languages welcome
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of foreign language
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Ability to work independently and alongside a team of staff and volunteers with a passion for immigrant empowerment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
This internship is unpaid, but college credit may be available.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Fundraising and Development Intern
- Technology PC Analyst - Review...
- Assist ESOL Teachers
- Chinese Speaking, Program...
- Japanese Speaking Program...
- ESOL Teachers for Adult Immigrants
- Korean Speaking Program Assistant
- Spanish Speaking, Program...
- French Speaking Program Assistant
- Bilingual Russian Adminsitrative...
- Marketing Assistant