69 people are interested
Surgical Services Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
69 people are interested
The purpose of this assignment is to assist in the smooth operations of the Ambulatory and Pre Surgery departments by providing non-clinical support.
- Greet patients and walk them to the cubicle.
- Provide family members with general hospital information.
- Restock supplies.
- Assist with putting together patient admission bags.
- Assist with clerical tasks.
- Provide wheelchair assistance for discharged patients.
- Disinfect high-touch areas following a disinfecting protocol specifically excluding carts, beds and room
About Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
1775 W. DEMPSTER STREET, VOLUNTEER OFFICE - 9 SOUTH, PARK RIDGE, IL 60068, US
To serve the health needs of individuals, families and communities through a wholistic philosophy rooted in our fundamental understanding of human beings as created in the image of God.
Our vision is to be always the best hospital - the best for patients to heal, physicians to practice and associates/volunteers to work.
We are about building relationships with:
- our patients, so they feel cared for and experience extraordinary service and quality
- our physicians, so they feel supported and know that their patients are getting great care
- our associates and volunteers, so they feel valued and know that their work is purposeful, worthwhile and makes a difference
If you would like to be part of our wonderful team of associates, physicians and volunteers, please let us know. We have many great opportunities to fit all preferences and schedules.
For more information
- reply to this opportunity and we will contact you or
- visit us at http://www.advocatehealth.com/luth/volunteer
- give us a call at 847-723-6105
We look forward to meeting you!
Interesting facts about our volunteer program (based on 2010 program statistics):
- 1070 volunteers donated 102,000 hours to the hospital
- We currently have 777 active volunteers
- Volunteers support over 80 hospital departments
- The most senior volunteer is 95 years young and has been volunteering for 52 years--ever since the hospital opened in 1959!
- 25% of volunteers live in Des Plaines, 13% in Park Ridge, 9% in Niles
- Volunteer gender: 70% are female and 30% are male
- An active volunteer with the highest number of hours has donated over 14,000 hours to the hospital so far
- 100% of our volunteers are AMAZING and WONDERFUL!
Our volunteers DO make a difference!
1775 W. DEMPSTERVOLUNTEER OFFICE - 9 SOUTHPARK RIDGE, IL 60068
April 25, 2022
- Physician Assistant
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hours once a week; available shifts: Mon - Fri 8am-6pm