Basic Computer Skills & Literacy Tutoring
38 people are interested
PLEASE CLICK ON "READ MORE" BELOW TO READ FULL DESCRIPTION, AND SEE LINK TO OUR ONLINE APPLICATION AT THE END OF THE DESCRIPTION.
Our Skills in Computers & Literacy for Employment (SCALE) program focuses on teaching adults basic computer and literacy skills (vocabulary, spelling, using email, filling out online forms, or basic Word/Excel formatting). (NOTE: This is NOT an ESL program.) Tutors work in weekly 2-hour classes with their assigned student, and this commitment is for one semester. Training and lesson plans are provided, and a Session Leader is available every class to offer you and your student support as needed.
SUMMER SEMESTER 2019 is May 28-Aug 17
FALL SEMESTER 2019 is Sep 16-Dec 14
- You MUST attend Tutor Training at Literacy Network before tutoring; we give preference to applicants able to attend one of our scheduled trainings at the start of the semester.
- Reliable transportation is required of all tutors. (If you are planning to take a bus to/from your tutoring sessions, please research your route ahead of time to be sure you understand the commute you are committing to.)
- You must attend EVERY WEEK during the semester; no more than 2 absences are permitted. (Let your Session Leader know any anticipated absences at the beginning of the semester.)
Weekly SCALE classes are below; if a class for the semester you’re applying is full, you will be added to the waiting list.
- Tuesday nights, 6:00-8:00pm at Hawthorne Library (2707 E. Washington Av.)
- Tuesday nights, 6:00-8:00pm at Seven Oaks (1108 Moorland Rd)
- Wednesday mornings, 10:30am-12:30pm at Goodman South Library (2222 S. Park St)
- Thursday nights, 6:00-8:00pm at Literacy Network (701 Dane St)
- Thursday nights, 6:00-8:00pm at Meadowridge Library (5726 Raymond Rd)
701 Dane StreetMadison, WI 53713
- Basic Computer Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs/week the entire semester