The Cyrus Dallin Art Museum is seeking a volunteer Associate Trustee to assist in the development and implementation of educational programs and materials for visitors of all ages. The education program coordinator will play an important role in developing the museum’s audience and building its base of support. This individual will help plan and manage in- and out of school programs, adult special interest tours, children’s scavenger hunts, art workshops, and family events.
The Education Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Director/Curator and members of the Education Committee of the museum’s municipal Board of Trustees. Museum experience is a plus but not required. We also welcome involvement in other areas of museum operations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of programs and materials for diverse audiences.
- Evaluate programs and foster partnerships in the schools.
- Coordinate school and group tours.
- Assist with internship programs for local high schools, colleges and universities.
- Degree or 2 years teaching experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Organized, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Interest in art and museum education
If you are interested in serving as an Associate Trustee, in the role of Museum Education Coordinator, please send a letter of interest with a resume to the Cyrus Dallin Art Museum Board of Trustees at 611 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA 02474 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment