Mother's Prison Support Group in North Dartmouth
DONATE TO THIS
14 people are interested
About Parents Helping Parents: Parents Helping Parents is a nonprofit offering two services to parents in need: The Parental Stress Line and Parent Support Groups.Our goal is to empower parents to nurture their children, prevent child abuse and build stronger families.
Parents Helping Parents runs a network of support groups for parents who want to improve relationships with their children. Parents come to our support groups seeking encouragement and feedback on parenting-related issues. Shared leadership, trust, respect, responsibility, and positive parenting are key components of our support groups. Our groups provide a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for creating positive and caring peer relationships. Our approach is preventative; once the emotional support of the parent has been strengthened, a parent is better able to actively guide and nurture the family.
We need a volunteer (YOU!) to act as a group co-facilitator for a parent support group at Bristol County women's prison. As a co-facilitator, you will be maintaining the safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment which characterizes our support groups.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 14 hours of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA
- 1 year commitment meeting with groups weekly for 1 hour on Saturdays from 9:00am-11:00am.
We'll work with your schedule.
Bristol County HOC400 Faunce CornerNorth Dartmouth, MA 02747
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment preferred for weekly groups
- Saturdays 9:00am-11:00am