The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 40 countries and 26 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. Each year, thousands of refugees are invited by the U.S. government to seek safety and freedom. Rescued refugees step off the plane with next to nothing but their dignity, hope and determination. In San Diego and many other regional offices across the country, the IRC helps refugees to rebuild their lives. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The tax program helps low-income individuals and families by preparing their taxes for free and linking them to other IRC services if applicable. Tax volunteers will become certified as a volunteer income tax preparer through a combination of self-initiated online training and mandatory classroom training.
- Prepare accurate tax returns for clients
- No tax preparation experience required
- Ability to interact with clients from different ethnic and religious backgrounds
- Excellent customer service skills, especially with diverse clientele
- Second language skills are preferred but not required
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 months