The Dog Walking position is an extremely important volunteer function. Walkers provide much needed exercise and a potty break for dogs housed at the shelter. Dog Walkers work as a team to get all of the adoptable dogs out. New volunteers will handle "Level 1" dogs (easiest to manage), while more experienced volunteers will handle "Level 2" dogs.
Walking shifts are 8-10am and 4-6pm every day of the year.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for 6 months
- Ebay Resale Coordination
- ReTails Thrift Store Books &...
- Vet Clinic Surgery Assistant
- Cat Enrichment @ Petco Hazel Dell
- Christmas at ReTails
- Cat Care Assistant
- ReTails Thrift Store - Boutique
- Knitties for Kitties
- ReTails Thrift Store Clothing...
- Dog Walking Volunteer
- Animal Shelter Laundry
- Donations Assistant Humane Society
- Cat Enrichment @ Petco Jantzen...
- Vancouver Humane Society Auction