Join our growing hospice and palliative care program serving New Haven and Fairfield Counties!
Orientation and Training is provided for every volunteer in our Orange Office. We want you to feel confident and competent. We believe in a team approach in all that we do, so you never feel alone or unsupported. We serve patients wherever "home" is: skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, retirement communities or their own homes.
Program Support Volunteer (in the Hospice Office)
* Assist with mailings
* Copies/Packet Assembly
* Special Projects
Patient/Family Volunteer (wherever "home" may be)
* Provide friendly companion visits
* Read aloud, write letters, share an interest
* Provide gifts of music, art, scrap booking (strong need for musicians)
* Actively listen and be supportive in hearing expressed fears and concerns
* Create a written legacy for other loved ones
* Offer prayers
* Assist in picking up medications, light clean up, outdoor chores
Bereavement Volunteer (requires additional training in bereavement)
Volunteers learn the history of hospice, the goals and philosophy of care, and the emotional and spiritual needs of patients at the end of life. They develop the communication skills necessary to comfort and support patients and families and because they spend quality time with patients, they often give valuable feedback to the care team.
*15 hours of training * Commitment of 2-4 hours/monthly
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Recently Retired? Office...
- Looking for Certified Pet...
- Seeking Shorthand Guru or Speed...
- !Alto! Se busca voluntarios
- Pastoral and Bereavement...
- School is Back in Session......
- Looking for a Loving Heart and a...
- Blanket us with Your Love, Make...
- Speak Spanish Fluently and wish...
- Provide Companionship, Dignity,...