The trainee will teach English to German-speaking students from the ages of 8 to 15 for a not-for-profit organization headquartered in the Austrian Lake District.
Bilingual education has become increasingly popular in Austrian secondary schools and The College has recently launched a major effort to expand their outreach program. We have a special focus on bringing free English lessons to rural and often otherwise overlooked children in the alpine region.
The successful applicant will be given experience in the administration of a NGO in the education sector by taking part in project work and program development at our campus.
The trainee is provided with:
- Free training in teaching English as a foreign language,
- project work, feedback from a senior teacher,
- Free accommodation and basic food supplies
- Free work-related travel costs within Austria
At the conclusion of the 12 or 16-week intensive ESL training program and volunteer placement, the successful candidate will be awarded with a TEFL Certificate for Young Learners (which includes 24 hours of teacher training seminars, 40 observed teaching hours and a 5-week intensive Trinity College London CertTESOL component with 6 further observed teaching hours).
- Winder 2017- January 2nd- April 14th
- Spring 2017- April 18th- July 28th
- Fall 2017- August 28th- February 16th
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12-16 weeks