Drive ITN Monterey County customers (seniors and people with visual impairment) to and/or from various locations so they can take care of their medical and healthcare needs, grocery and pharmacy shopping, social and recreational activities, and visits with friends and family.
Time and Location
The time commitment is completely flexible. You drive at your convenience. You tell us when you are available. You don't wait with the customer unless it's for a short time only.
Most rides will be in and around the area in which you live.
- Make a difference in someone’s quality of life.
- Give the gift of independence.
- Get to know the people who benefit from our service and receive their appreciation.
- Learn community history from the people who lived it.
- Receive a free membership for someone you know who needs our service.
- Receive all the benefits of membership, at no charge.
- Receive mileage reimbursement for occupied miles - or...
- Earn transportation credit for yourself or another member.
- Invitation to special volunteer appreciation events.
- - Valid CA driver’s license and 3 years of driving experience.
- - Acceptable driving record (no more than one moving violation in 12-month period).
- - Current registration and proof of insurance (your California-mandated insurance is all you need).
- - Personal references from 2 non-relatives
- Vehicle in good condition
Your contribution of time and caring provides a Lifeline to those in our community who can no longer drive.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 ride per week
- Personal vehicle in good condition & working order