The Apartment Set-up volunteer helps create a welcoming environment for refugees arriving in the Austin area by setting-up apartments prior to their arrival. Apartment set-up will include grocery shopping for basic items needed in an apartment utilizing a list provided by the resettlement specialist. Volunteers will put all household goods in their respective places. This is an internship heavier in the mornings and a very good starting point to better understand social services. You would need your own car and transportation but mileage would be reimbursed. This would be 18hrs a week.
Contact: Loly Thomas, Direct Service Volunteer Coordinator - Caritas of Austin -
email@example.com 512-632-0559 (mobile)
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours a month
- Some day time availability will be necessary to communicate with case aid on needed supplies.
- Help someone or a family...
- Community Kitchen Volunteer
- Apartment Set-up Volunteer
- Bilingual Direct Service...
- Volunteer Management...
- Homeless & Refugee Employment...
- Receptionist And Pantry Assistant
- Refugee Child Day Care Liaison
- Caritas Education Program: ...
- Landlord Outreach Specialist...
- Administrative Volunteers
- Community Advocates - Volunteers
- Donation Drivers - Volunteers
- Volunteer Driving Refugees-...
- Caritas Employment Program...