Purpose: To provide patients and families with comfort and memories through musical performance.
- Engage patients in music
- Play live music
- Invite patients to participate in the performance - i.e. sing or clap along
- Maintain the privacy of patients and do not disclose confidential information
- Work with staff to determine which residents would to participate
- Must own and know how to play an instrument or sing
- Be willing to participate in training on the physical, emotional and social needs of hospice families
- Undergo health and safety screenings
- Minimum of 1 visit monthly for at least 6 months
- Brass Instrument
- Keyboard Instrument
- Music Therapy
- Music Arts
- String Instrument
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 1 visit per month for 6 months
- Volunteers may be subject to health and safety screening, depending on type of activity
- Summer Office Assistant
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Phone-A-Friend Volunteer
- Birthday Brigade
- Friendly Pet Visitor
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Volunteer Hair Stylist
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support
- Spiritual Support Hospice...
- Musical Moments Hospice Volunteer
- Comfort Companion Hospice...
- Biography / Family History...
- Support Group facilitator
- Craft Leader
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Special Events Assistant