West Side Campaign Against Hunger Mission
Through a supermarket-style food pantry, West Side Campaign Against Hunger alleviates hunger and creates a culture that promotes self-reliance and works for change. West Side Campaign Against Hunger changes our perception of hungry people by working in partnership with them, providing food with dignity, and empowering customers to find solutions.
Mobile Pantry Program Overview
Our new Mobile Pantry Program works in partnerships with other agencies (Community Based Non-profits, Health Centers, Churches, and Senior Centers) bringing our customer-choice pantry model to neighborhoods in need, while making sure our customers are connected to resources in their neighborhoods. The Mobile Pantry is a specially designed truck staffed with a Pantry Manager/Driver, Community Resource Counselor, and Program Manager.
Location & Shifts:
309 Drake Street
Bronx, NY, 10474
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Experience working at a supermarket or food pantry preferred, though not required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Can-do attitude and flexibility
- General understanding of food income insecurity and how it affects New York City.
- Participate in an orientation before start date
- Assist MP staff with receiving food from our suppliers
- Ensure food is examined and apply quality control as needed
- Organize and repack inventory
- Assist with cleaning
- Participate in special projects based on need
Please contact Becker Rosales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit to a shift per week.