Build Homes, Community and Hope with Habitat for Humanity Seattle - King County
Increase the supply of affordable housing options!
Bring the community together!
Empower the lives of others and yourself!
Work toward making environmentally sustainable living affordable!
Serve, learn, lead and explore in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! Habitat for Humanity Seattle - King County is excited to add another energetic and passionate AmeriCorps members to our 2016 - 17 team! We have been hosting AmeriCorps members since 1998 and they play an integral role in strengthening our effectiveness on construction sites, in our service communities and behind the scenes. No matter what the AmeriCorps or VISTA position, our members are the ambassadors of Habitat SKC, interacting with over 3,000 volunteers, partner families and community stakeholders. They provide leadership and safety on our project sites, engage and develop volunteers to become champions for our mission, and build capacity be creating new tools and more efficient systems. During a year of service with Habitat SKC, AmeriCorps members gain insight to the inner workings of a non-profit organization and gain hands-on experience in leadership, public speaking and community development. Join our Habitat family, form lasting relationships, have fun and help us create over 80 affordable housing solutions with hard-working families in Seattle and King County.
We have positions available for the following roles.
Community Outreach Coordination
Construction Crew Leadership
Homeowner Services Coordination
Volunteer Services Development
Resource and Events Development
Habitat Store Development
Skills Desired: Team Work, Leadership, Customer Service, Community Organizing, Finance, Mortgage Lending, Data Collection, Social work, Communications, Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser's Edge
Education level: college degree preferred; minimum high school diploma/GED
Age Requirement: minimum 18 yrs. old
* ~$1,100/month service stipend
* Health Coverage
* Student loan deferment
* ~$5,700 Education Award (upon successful completion)
* On-site training
* Travel, lodging and food for travel to two National Service and Leadership Events with Habitat for Humanity AmeriCorps.
All Interested Applicants Must:
* Be a U.S. Citizen, National or Legal Permanent Resident
* Share a commitment to community development and service
* Feel comfortable in a role of leadership
* Be skilled at building and maintaining relationships with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities
* Be able to communicate clearly and effectively and comprehend new information on a relatively quick basis.
* Be able to commit to a 40 hour work week.
For more information on specific roles and how to apply, please visit our website.
- Community Outreach
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Brand Development & Messaging
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full Time, 11 - 12 months