Through a variety of training initiatives, FSW’s Work to Learn Program provides youth ages 16 - 21 the opportunity to learn about teamwork and communication, gain valuable employment, business and life skills, and increase their self-esteem in a positive and supportive setting.
The Work to Learn Program is actively recruiting for the volunteer position of Tutor. Volunteer responsibilities include providing participants with instruction in math, reading and writing as well as assigning general homework assignments. Volunteers must be available to work between the hours of 2:00 to 5:00 pm on weekday afternoons.
Position requirements include the ability to work with a diverse population; good oral, verbal and written communication skills; a positive attitude and an interest in teaching and tutoring. Advanced knowledge of math, including algebra, geometry, pre-calculus and calculus; and advanced knowledge of Java Script preferred.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Completed application, three references, DCF clearance
- Small Business Development Mentor
- Administrative Assistant - Deaf...
- Volunteer - Community Closet
- Tutors Needed
- Food Distribution Volunteer -...
- Volunteer - Community Closet...
- VITA Greeter
- Volunteer – Personal Financial...
- Workgroup Leader
- Group and Corporate Volunteer...
- VITA Tax Preparer
- DATA ENTRY
- Group Volunteer Liaison
- Food Service Enterprise Hostess