Youth/Teen Mentor Program Volunteer (Warwick)
31 people are interested
The Youth/Teen Mentor Program is designed to bring younger people together with caring adults in a structured and trusting relationship. Mentors offer guidance through role modeling, support and encouragement aimed at developing competencies and character in the youth/teens. The Youth/Teen Mentor Program is considered "group mentoring." All mentors and mentees will meet as a group to create a structured and fun environment in which youth/teens can work on improving their social skills and developing relationship with their peers as well as with the mentor. Youth/Teens participate in team building activities that strive to increase self-esteem, teach communication skills and encourages creative thinking. Mentors and mentees come together as a group; however, there can be designated time for the mentor and mentee to have their individual one-on-one time at the resource center.
Responsibilities can include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a role model to youth/teens of the community
- Facilitate activities with the youth/teens to promote building life skills, including: a healthy self-esteem, effective communication skills, conflict resolution, job skills, financial literacy, decision-making and goal setting. (Volunteer can plan activities and/or utilize activities provided by the Service Coordinator)
- Provide resources for education or other needs to help the youth/teen succeed
- Encourage youth/teens to explore their interest and passions to help guide them towards a successful career path
- Assist with college applications or other like items where needed
- Meet with the youth/teens once a month at minimum
We'll work with your schedule.
780 S. Lyon StreetSanta Ana, CA 92705
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Meet with the youth/teens at least once a month