10 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE WORLDVIEW PROJECT:
1. You will be actively involved in furthering the cause of greater cross-cultural awareness, understanding and engagement. (It's what we do!)
2. You will work with smart, enthusiastic, talented and committed volunteers who hail from all over the world, of all ages.
3. You will work in a friendly, safe and supportive environment (please check our reviews!).
4. You can enhance your resume (employers often check to see if a job seeker volunteers). If you do a great job (and have put in sufficient time), you can ask for a reference.
5. You will do work that is important (although some routine tasks still have to be done!).
6. You will get to share your own international experiences (if any).
7. We will do our best to match your skills and interests with our needs.
8. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills or improve the ones you already have.
9. You may get to eat some outstanding ethnic food (and are encouraged to share!)
10. There is considerable room for growth in responsibility and the impact you have.ABOUT US:
The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding and appreciation through: web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and events.
We looking for an outgoing and determined personality to write, call and visit area organizations to discuss mutually beneficial promotional opportunities. Holder of the position will work with closely our staff to optimize impact of marketing strategies and promotional projects. Great personal, communication and organization skills a must!
When you write to us, please tell us a little bit about your skills, experience, interests and anything else you might want to share so that we may respond to your inquiry more fully.
Please note that our office is only open Monday through Thursday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please visit our website: www.thewvp.org and our online magazine: www.parobs.org for more information.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 6 month commitment
- Must come to office at least one day per week