Do you have a love for fitness and helping others? Are you trained in Zumba and feel comfortable leading a group?
Catholic Charities is looking for experienced fitness instructors to lead workshops in our Family and Single Adults shelters. Our organization reaches out to those most in need, offers hope through service and builds better communities. We are look for positive volunteers that will help contribute to our mission and encourage our shelter residents to stay active and healthy. A popular fitness class in our shelter is Zumba, because it is upbeat and gets people moving. The ideal volunteer offers encouragement in activity and leadership, especially to those who are beginners.
If you are interested in leading a Zumba class or any other exercise workshop, please reply to Noreen Mendoza, Volunteer Coordinator.
- People Skills
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Available on a once a week basis, bi-weekly.
- Must pass background check and TB test.
- H.O.M.E Mentor
- Karaoke Group at Homeless Shelter
- Cashier Needed at Restyle...
- I’m Home Alone Caller
- Male Mentors Needed
- Immigration Department Office...
- Family Shelter Front Desk...
- Homeless Shelter Yoga Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Volunteer Fitness Instructors...
- Bingo Group at Homeless Shelter
- Lead a fun and Active Zumba...
- Volunteers Needed for Rural Food...
- Hairstylist for Homeless Shelters
- Childcare at Rainbow House
- Alzheimer’s Respite Day Care...
- Volunteer Drivers for Seniors
- Front Desk Receptionist