Corporate Client Services Internship
UniversalGiving(r), an award-winning global nonprofit, is seeking a committed, dedicated Corporate Client Services Intern. The Intern will play a strong role in serving our Fortune 500 clients by ensuring our corporate clients partner with top performing NGOs. You will work with a stellar team vetting NGO Partners all over the world by applying our 24-stage Quality Model(tm). With proven track record, you may be put on additional corporate projects. If you are passionate about social change and enjoy working with an international team, come join UniversalGiving!
UniversalGiving(r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek,Oprah.com ,CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The Corporate Client Services Intern will support the Corporate Services team in serving multiple local and international corporate partners. You will help perform critical Vetting Services by implementing UniversalGiving’s proprietary Quality Model(tm) and corporate client-specific requirements. The intern will help ensure that NGOs seeking corporate support are top-performing, quality organizations. With proven track record, you will be trained in other aspects of Corporate Services and given more responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to work with a very specialized CSR and non-profit vetting team.
As a UniversalGiving intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Come work with us to achieve our vision "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life(r)!
- Draft correspondence for both corporate partners and nonprofits
- Perform due diligence on international and domestic nonprofits
- Familiarize yourself with tax code and legal status pertaining to nonprofits
- Work both independently and as part of a team on multiple client service assignments
- Work against deadlines in a dynamic environment where producing deliverables is expected
- Other duties related to operations and administration
With proven track record
- Special CSR projects as needed on an on-going basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).
**With proven track record, this position may turn into a paid position.
"I came into UniversalGiving as a shy recent graduate. I soon saw that this internship was like no other-- I worked on high-level projects, I was mentored by the CEO (unheard of!), and I bonded with the grooviest team I have ever come across. The nerves left, but the values and experiences will stay."
Germaine Lau, former Executive Assistant Intern
"UniversalGiving is committed to providing corporations like Cisco with global strategy, policy, operations and rigorous NGO vetting that supports operational excellence. They strengthen our CSR programs locally and around the world."
Michael Yutrzenka, Senior Director, Corporate Affairs Cisco Foundation
UniversalGiving’s Mission: To connect people to quality giving and volunteer opportunities worldwide.
UniversalGiving’s Vision: "To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life"(r)
UniversalGiving(r) is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model(tm) to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the Strategy, Operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Symantec, Fluor, Sabre, Gap, BHP Billiton, RSF Social Finance, and inovia.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek, Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving has been featured three times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and is a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House's Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
Email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples (two pages max), and three professional references with contact information (phone and email) to email@example.com with "Corporate Client Services Intern" in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving(r) is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
Follow us on social media:
- UniversalGiving’s website
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow Us on Twitter: @ UniversalGiving and @ PamelaHawley
- Follow Us on Pinterest: @ UniversalGiving
- CEO Pamela Hawley’s Blog: Living and Giving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Pro-‐Bono NGO Returnship for...
- Pro-‐Bono Corporate Returnship...
- Business Operations Intern
- Marketing Intern
- QA/Web Intern
- CSR Intern/Volunteer
- Executive Assistant to the CEO...
- Office/Administrative support...
- Development Intern/Volunteer
- NGO Services Intern
- Corporate Client Services...
- Social Media Internship
- Development Returnship
- Pro-Bono Marketing Returnship...
- Marketing Partnerships...
- Salesforce Admin Intern/Volunteer
- Corporate Returnship for...