27 people are interested
Ambassador Volunteer - Ulster Cnty
27 people are interested
Help Save Lives! Join the New York Blood Center Volunteer Team in the Hudson Valley area.
Educate others about the importance of donating blood and enhance the donor experience at a blood drive. Greet, take Entry Temps and register donors, sanitize donor areas, provide for donor safety by escorting and monitoring donors post donation. All volunteers are required to complete a volunteer application, a criminal background check and attend a 2 hour training/orientation session. Flexible assignments to choose from right in your own community.
About Hudson Valley Blood Service/NYBC
525 Executive Boulevard, Elmsford, NY 10523, US
As one of the most preeminent and comprehensive blood centers in the world, New York Blood Center operates under a four-part mission. NYBC exists:
- To provide the highest quality blood and stem cell products and related medical and consultative services to hospitals and patients primarily in the greater New York metropolitan area
- To conduct the highest quality, novel and innovative research in the fields of hematology, blood banking and transfusion medicine, and cellular therapies, thus advancing these fields and positively impacting the public health
- To develop products, technologies, and services in the fields of hematology, blood banking, and transfusion medicine and cellular therapies, with the potential to have worldwide humanitarian impact
- To train the next generation of leaders in each of these fields
At New York Blood Center (NYBC), we focus on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. As we work to meet and exceed the growing needs of our diverse communities and further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, our impact on local, national, and global communities continues to expand.
The coordinated leadership of NYBC’s geographic blood services operations ensures some 2,000 units of blood products are collected each day and distributed to more than 20 million people in New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. Our National Cord Blood Program at the Howard P. Milstein National Cord Blood Center has distributed cord blood units throughout the U.S. and internationally, with more than 4,900 units shipped to 220-plus transplant centers in 38 countries spanning six continents. World-class researchers at NYBC’s Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute lead the way in pioneering blood research focused on global health issues, from HIV and hepatitis to malaria and thalassemia.
NYBC’s commitment to excellence translates into improved efficiency, enhanced products and services, and greater attention to the needs of our patients--the cancer and surgery patients, accident and burn victims, newborn babies and delivering mothers, AIDS and sickle cell anemia patients, organ transplant recipients, and many others who depend on a safe, plentiful, and ready supply of blood products to survive.
As one of the largest community-based blood, cellular therapy and transfusion medicine research centers in the world, we are confident that, along with your support and participation, we will continue to save lives and strengthen communities--locally, nationally, and across the globe.
51 Albany AvenueKingston, NY 12401
November 2, 2021
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 hours per month
- Must like working with the public