SAReads is a campaign, coordinated by non-profit Literacy San Antonio Inc., dedicated to making grade-level reading a reality for all students in Bexar County. Our vision is for every student to enter fourth grade as a proficient reader. The SAReads campaign supports teachers, students and families in reaching our goal: to significantly and permanently increase literacy levels in Bexar County.
Literacy Volunteers work on important projects that help us further our mission. Projects include:
- Preparing curriculum and materials for the SAReads Kinder-3rd grade tutoring program
- Packaging book requests from the SAReads Book Bank
- Preparing books for SAReads students' at-home libraries
- Manage book drive collections
- Data entry
- Event assistance at the Summer Book Drive, Holiday Book Drive and San Antonio Book Festival
Literacy San Antonio volunteers are our most powerful resource. Whether it's just a few hours, or a regular volunteering schedule, we appreciate any time you can donate. Contact us and get involved!
Please note that this is not a volunteer tutoring position.
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- Library Sciences
- Program Management
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must have parent supervision.