BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 21,000 refugees from nearly 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 1,000 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 2,500 refugees and asylees.
SCOPE OF DONATIONS INTERN WORK: This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong, mutually-beneficial connections between the community and the IRC in Atlanta order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Donations Intern will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator towards these goals in order to enhance the IRC in Atlanta’s ability to meet refugee client needs.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Help refugee clients to receive in-kind goods via the Resettlement Shop;
- Receive and organize in-kind donations;
- Track in-kind donations in both donor database and client files;
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts to community groups, students, and other organizations;
- Provide direct service to refugee clients as needed by the Volunteer Coordinator;
- Assist with donations pickup as needed;
- Assist with other Resource Development needs such as volunteer recruitment, external communications, and fundraising;
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs.
- An interest in international and refugee issues;
- Effective communication and writing skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects;
- A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting a plus;
- Prior relevant coursework preferred.
For more information or to apply, please contact Duncan de la Feld, Volunteer Coordinator, at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928. To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months
- Youth Futures Program Intern
- EL- Civics Education Intern
- Finance and Administration Intern
- Youth Futures Program Summer...
- Finance Assistant Intern
- Youth Futures Program Intern
- Public Relations Intern
- First Things First Women's...
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- English as a Second Language-...
- Childcare Volunteer Position
- Community Health Promoter Intern
- Career Development Intern
- Fundraising Intern
- Logistics Volunteer
- Reproductive Health Intern...
- Job Placement Americorps
- English as a Second Language...
- Donations Intern
- Temporary Assistance for Needy...