Job Description - Intern/Volunteer Assistants - Child Care Micro-enterprise Program
BACKGROUND: The goal of IRC Atlanta’s Refugee Child Care Microenterprise program, in conjunction with Quality Care for Children, is to empower refugee women that have an entrepreneurial interest by providing certification instruction and training, technical assistance, and small business credit to create and maintain a sustainable child care business. By creating a skill development program for refugee women, their communities will be positively impacted, as more adults can leave their children with culturally appropriate providers and enter the workforce. This program will bring economic growth to refugee households and the greater refugee community.
SCOPE OF WORK: The child care microenterprise volunteer/intern reports directly to the Program Manager and supports efforts under IRC’s Child Care Microenterprise program. A qualified volunteer/intern will learn through experience about microenterprise development. This program spans all business development phases from skills development trainings (business and child care), certification and licensing, micro-credit, and on-going technical support both before and after the entrepreneur’s business is launched.
Outreach and Enrollment
- Assist in development of program brochures, recruitment fliers, and other marketing materials, in English and Spanish
- Develop advocacy and promotional materials & update and maintain contact lists.
- Answer inquiries from potential clients and possibly pre-screening to verify if they meet basic eligibility requirements
- Act as a point of contact and liaison with clients, community groups, and partner agencies to help support and organize program efforts
- Assist with curriculum development for Child Care Business Basics course, in English and Spanish
- Assist with classroom instruction/facilitation for 20 hour course, in English and Spanish
- Draft and maintain program documents and tools, as needed
- Help collect program data for monitoring and future evaluation
- Analyze data for progress reports, creating tables, graphs, narrative as needed
- Help create study/practice materials for the state-mandated licensing exam
- Assist in trouble shooting with issues related to coursework, practicum placements, and licensure procedures and paperwork
- Assist in creation and dissemination of Refugee Child Care Network directory to link customers with providers
Sub Award Disbursement
- Assist with review of business plans and financial award applications to determine eligibility
- Assist with managing the budget
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Discretion, diplomacy and good team player
- Current or previous studies in a business related field (accounting, finance, marketing, etc)
- The ideal candidate will have some technical knowledge and experience in small business development, especially in assisting with delivery of business skills trainings
- The ideal candidate will also be highly proficient in Spanish (especially Business Spanish)
- Interns must be able to work at least 15 hours a week
- Some weekend and/or evening hours in addition to regular business hours will be required
For more information or to apply, please contact Jessica Seales, Volunteer Coordinator, at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928. To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- EL- Civics Education Intern
- Computer Literacy Intern
- Immigration Program Intern
- Youth Futures Program Intern
- First Things First Women's...
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- English as a Second Language-...
- Community Health Promoter Intern
- Logistics Volunteer
- Job Placement Americorps
- Public Relations Intern
- Childcare Micro-enterprise...
- English as a Second Language...
- Fundraising Intern
- Donations Intern
- Employment Services Intern
- Logistics Intern
- Volunteer and External Relations...
- Economic Empowerment Volunteer
- Health and Wellness Americorps