Individuals and groups can assist with special events and activities for people with developmental disabilities.
This position requires a positive disposition, tolerance and understanding of individual differences, and a sense of cooperation with STAR staff and other volunteers to assist in providing services to our clientele, staff and the public.
Volunteers may assist with:
- A group project that benefits the population, such as organizing and helping update and fix our Clothing Exchange for low income adults with developmental disabilities
- A group project that benefits the population socially and/or recreationally, such as a sponsored outing with adults with developmental disabilities
- An interactive group project that benefits the population socially and/or recreationally, such as an activity for our day programs, such as arts, music, crafts, dancing.
- Assisting with upcoming events such as our Theater of STARs show on December 3. Individual volunteers may help with set-up, refreshments, photography, videography, ushering, packing up the trucks, programs.
- Another event or activity of your choice.
STAR serves individuals with developmental disabilities throughout Mid Fairfield County.
Contact Megan Johnson, Volunteer Coordinator, 203-846-9581 x339 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment