The Exceptional Equestrians Program began in 1982 to serve area children and adults with special needs. Anne Springs Close fostered a partnership with Rock Hill Parks & Recreation to offer therapeutic riding for local children and adults with disabilities. The program now includes participants from the Fort Mill School District and Rock Hill Parks, Recreation & Tourism.
No horse experience is necessary, though it helps to be comfortable around them. Volunteers participate as side walkers, stabilizing the rider and providing an extra degree of safety and encouragement.
Tuesdays (4-5pm): March 21, March 28, April 4, April 18, April 25, May 2
Wednesdays (10-11am): March 22, March 29, April 19, May 3
Fridays (9-11am): March 3, March 10, March 24, March 31, April 21, April 28, May 5, May 12
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- one hour per week for a six week period
- Sessions: Tue 4pm, Wed 10am, Fri 9am
- Photographer/Videographer Needed!
- FLYERS Afterschool Volunteers...
- Greenway Trail Workday!
- Blue Star Blitz Hike-a-Thon &...
- Community Outreach -- Greenway...
- Earth Day Volunteers
- Adopt-A-Highway Trash Pickup on...
- The Haigler Club - Young...
- Exceptional Equestrians,...
- Summer Concert Series
- Plant-A-Row for the Hungry Garden
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Earth Day Celebration on the...
- Animal Care (reptiles)