Hospice volunteers are a cruicial part of the hospice experience and are valued by patients and families for the personal touch they bring to an emotional process.
By becoming a hospice volunteer, you experience the personal fulfillment of impacting another person's life at a critical time. Hospice volunteers report feeling that they are making a contribution to the community and doing a service they would hope others would do for them in their time of need.
Volunteers help hospice patients in a variety of ways.
- They can provide support to patients and families
- Veteran support
- Bereavement support to families
- Reiki, yoga, healing arts
- Pet Therapy- must be a certified therapy team
- Share their talents- music and crafting
- Lend support in our administrative office
We have opportunities available throughout NorthEast Ohio... Massillon, Canton, Alliance, Wadsworth, Medina, Beachwood, Mentor, Willoughby.
Even if you have just one hour a month to share please consider joining Absolute Hospice and help us provide comfort, care, and compassion to those we serve during their final season of life.
- Music Therapy
- Administrative Support
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum commitment of one hour per month
- TB tests will also need to be had.