Homes First has provided 'kitchen gardens' at many of our homes. However, often tenants need help to know how to care for their gardens to make them productive. Our goal is to help our tenants have a healthy diet and reduce their costs for buying food.
Could you help our tenants learn the skills to be great kitchen gardeners?
Tasks could include:
- How to fertilize using natural components
- Composting how-to's
- How to put your garden to bed for the winter
- How to acquire inexpensive plants and then care for them
- And so much more!
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- be able to lift up to 30 lbs and use a rake/shovel
- Have Hammer Will Travel!
- Heroes for Housing Event Planner
- Get Your Green Thumb On!
- Is Being a Journalist or Author...
- Painting Skillz Sought
- Greet Our Guests & Support Our...
- Tenant Newsletter Creator/Editor
- Build a Bulletin Board
- Help Make Our Gardens Grow
- Affordable Rental Housing...
- One Ringy Dingy....
- Open Doors to Homes First
- Friendly People Needed for...
- Know How To Wield a Paint Brush?
- Virtual Volunteer - Adding...