Overview: A key component of the Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance's mission is raising awareness of ovarian cancer. Since there is no screening test for ovarian cancer, educating women about the symptoms and risk factors of the disease is of paramount importance.
Since its inception in 2005, COCA has participated in 9HealthFairs and other local health fairs, handing out symptom cards and talking to women about symptoms and risk factors.
This volunteer position oversees many important aspects of the program and is critical to its success.
- Work with health fair coordinators to secure and confirm COCA's participation in health fairs statewide.
- Under the supervision, and with the assistance of the volunteer coordinator, help recruit volunteers to work health fairs.
- Assist the Associate Director with training new health fair volunteers.
- Maintain schedule of all health fair dates, times, locations, and volunteers.
- Help develop effective signage to be displayed on health fair tables.
- Order materials as needed, keeping within the budget parameters.
- With the help of volunteers, pack health care suitcases with materials and signage.
- Coordinate delivery to / pick up of suitcases to health fair volunteers.
- Gather health care surveys (completed by volunteers) and prepare report to COCA Board of Directors.
Approximate hours per month:
- January and February - 4 to 6 hours per MONTH
- March and April - 5 to 7 hours per WEEK
- May - 6 hours per MONTH
- June through December - 2 hours per month maximum
Reports to: Jeanene Smith , Associate Director
Location: The volunteer can work from home and/or in the COCA office (space permitting!) at 1777 S. Bellaire Street, Suite 170, Denver (near I-25 and Colorado Blvd.)
To apply, please send an e-mail to Jeanene@Colo-OvarianCancer.org describing why you think you would be a good candidate for this volunteer position!
- Administrative Support
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per health fair
- Learn and teach others about ovarian cancer