Animal Transport Volunteer
Chicago Pet Rescue
Position entails transporting pets.
- Transport pets to and from local places (vet, Skokie Petsmart, Norridge Petco, adoption events, training)
- All transport locations are within half hour of 60631 zipcode
- Email or text after transport to Executive Director
About Chicago Pet Rescue
P. O. Box 31946, CHICAGO, IL 60631, US
Chicago Pet Rescue is a PUBLIC BENEFIT501c(3) nonprofit corporation organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes as an all volunteer run organization, supported entirely by donations and fundraisers. Our volunteers foster, transport, and in many other ways assist in this rescue effort.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for the homeless, needy animals of the community by providing the following services:
- A safe, caring foster home until they can be adopted by loving, responsible families.
- A spay/neuter program: with the cooperation of several local veterinarians, all of the rescue’s adult dogs and cats are spayed or neutered prior to their adoption. For those pets that are too young, spay/neuter is required to be done no later than 6 months of age. We offer a low cost spay/neuter certificate that can be used at one of our participating vets.
- Medical care, including initial vaccinations, deworming and blood testing.
- Nominal adoption fees.
- Educational programs to make children, teens and adults aware of how to provide responsible pet care. This program also encourages high school students to volunteer by becoming involved in direct animal care.
Our goal is to rescue as many animals as our organization is safely able to manage.
CPR saves animals thru adoption.