The YWCA runs a ten-week support program for women dealing with domestic violence, and we are in search of a handful of committed volunteers to supervise activities for kids while their mothers participate in the group. Volunteers are encouraged to create and/or facilitate fun activities suitable for various ages. This is not only an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of some wonderful children, but to contribute to the goal of ending domestic violence in our community.
- Kids will range in age from 1-12yrs
- Mondays 5:30-8pm
- We ask that volunteers commit to as many Mondays as possible during the 10 week program
- Experience with childcare a plus!
Youth are welcome but must be at least 16 and be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Toys, games and supplies are available.
- Volunteers must be female (or accompanied by a female)
- Volunteers will be required to provide references, complete an interview, and clear a Criminal Background Check
- Volunteers will be expected to attend a YWCA Volunteer Orientation within a month of starting
Because of the confidential nature of this volunteer position, information on the program will be released only after the volunteer has been approved.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Monday evenings; 3 month commtiment
- Provide childcare in Issaquah...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- Seeking new and used furniture...
- YWCA Childcare Help Needed
- Adopt A Unit - Ownership over...
- Lead the homeless women at...
- Opportunity to gain...
- YWCA Front Desk Volunteer position
- Urgent need! Volunteers for our...
- Lead your favorite fitness...
- Hunger Helper - Backpack Brigade...