Secretary Job Purpose: Enhances effectiveness by providing information management support.
Secretary Job Duties:
- Is a member of the Board
2. Serves as the Chief Volunteer of the organization
3. Is a partner with the President in achieving the organization's mission
4. Provides leadership to the Board of Directors, who sets policy and to whom the President is accountable.
5. Chairs meetings of the Board after developing the agenda with the President.
6. Encourages Board's role in strategic planning
7. Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members.
8. Serves ex officio as a member of committees and attends their meetings when invited.
9. Discusses issues confronting the organization with the President.
10. Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
11. Reviews with the President any issues of concern to the Board.
12. Monitors financial planning and financial reports.
13. Plays a leading role in fundraising activities
14. Formally evaluates the performance of the President and informally evaluates the effectiveness of the Board members.
15. Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in achieving its mission.
16. Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board.
Skills/Qualifications: Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Organization, Travel Logistics, Typing, Verbal Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 year commmitment