Help keep seniors healthy at our Wellness Clinics! RN or PHN needed!
Description: Registered Nurses or Public Health Nurses - this is an opportunity to gain experience working with seniors in a clinic setting. Volunteer nurses administer B-12 shots, counsel clients with medical concerns, monitor vitals, perform foot care, and help seniors manage their medication.
About Us: East Side Elders helps our seniors live full and rewarding lives - in the home and community they want - for as long as possible and as healthy and well as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.
Hours: 2 works per week - Thursday or Friday mornings or early afternoons. Volunteers can also choose to help out on a more occasional or fill-in basis.
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Public Health Nursing
Must pass a background check
Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a caring, courteous manner
Gain experience working with seniors and people dedicated to helping seniors
Make a difference in the lives of seniors in the community
If you are interested in this position, please contact us:
463 Maria Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Applications can be filled out online:
- Problem Solving
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Minimum of two hours per month
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelors Degree in Nursing or Public Health Nursin
- Volunteer Handyperson
- Footcare Volunteer
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Volunteer Housekeeper
- Fight Hunger - Help Seniors Stay...
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Communications Internship
- Provide Relief to Primary...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Nursing Assistant
- Event Planning Internship
- Volunteer Driver for Seniors in...
- Outdoor Volunteering - Help...
- Event Planning Volunteer
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Communications Volunteer
- Check-In Call Volunteer