Provide efficient and courteous service to Gifts Shop customers and help maintain the small retail operation.
Open the gift shop on time and securely lock it when closing
Greet every resident/visitor who comes to the gift shop
- Provide excellent customer service for residents, family members and staff
- Assist with purchases as needed
- Process sales transactions, including cash and resident accounts
- Assist with unpacking, tagging and stocking merchandise as needed
- Clean displays and maintain necessary items
- Inform Mary Lou in the front office if the gift shop is running low on any products. You must check with her before purchasing anything on your own for the gift shop
- Log service hours in the volunteer binder.
A minimum volunteer commitment of three months is requested. Volunteer shifts are available between the hours of 9:00 a.m. until 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. until 4:30 p.m., seven days a week. One volunteer will be scheduled per shift. When a volunteer is unable to come to the manor for a scheduled shift, he/she is expected to notify the Volunteer Coordinator.
The Volunteer Coordinator and Accounts Payable Clerk will supervise volunteer work.
Ability to make correct change for cash sales
Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
Experience in retail operations, specifically cash handling experience, preferred
Ability to bend, reach and lift items (while restocking, unpacking and displaying goods)
Ability to provide empathetic listening, warmth and compassion
Ability to be flexible and sensitive to the needs of residents, families, caregivers and staff
Respect diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values
Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with fellow staff and volunteers.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteer applicants need to complete a disclosure form for a national criminal background check as well as submit immunization documentation for Chickenpox (Varicella), Measles, Mumps and Rubella, Tdap, (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) TB, a yearly physical and the flu shot. Some of these requirements can be provided through St. Elizabeth’s Manor.
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- certain immunizations, BCI