We are seeking experienced teachers to work with adults on reading and general writing skills. Our tutors help English speaking adults who may have memory issues, dyslexia or other learning disabilities. Students meet with their tutors at the Corona Public Library in a one-on-one pair once or twice a week. With guided goal setting and supportive materials tutors can truly see the difference they make in someone’s life. This program is affiliated with California Library Literacy Services, a part of the California State Library.
All volunteers will undergo a full background check, including Live Scan, paid for by the City of Corona
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week on a long-term basis
- Special Needs Program Aide
- Homework Helper
- "Bingo!" Leader
- Teach the Joy of Reading to...
- Change a Life: Teach an Adult to...
- Teach Tai Chi at the Senior...
- Facility Assistant- Corona's...
- Local History Bilingual...
- Story Time Assistant - Help...
- Tech Coach - Help Library Users...
- ZUMBA! Teach it to Seniors!
- Teach Balance & Flexibility to...