Weekday Construction Crew Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Construction Crew volunteers are needed during the week to help with tasks such framing, trusses, roofing, vinyl siding, painting, flooring, trim, interior hardware and landscaping. No experience necessary. Volunteers will be trained by our construction supervisors.
- Please plan to arrive by 7:45 AM sharp for safety instructions.
- If you can only work a partial day, we ask that you come first thing in the morning and then leave early if you need to. Due to safety reasons, we ask the volunteers NOT show up in the middle of the day
- Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, closed toe shoes, and dress weather appropriate (old, comfortable clothes, closed-toe shoes or sneakers, etc.)
- We break at 10:00 am. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
- If you sign up to volunteer for a build day and can't make it, please remove your name from the Volunteer Up calendar or contact Volunteer Services.
- Construction volunteers should show up RAIN OR SHINE once you have committed to a particular day. Although we try to maintain the schedule listed, occasionally poor weather or unforeseen delays will interrupt our schedule or a particular task. We will make every effort to let you know ahead of time if your task assignment has changed. Cancellations or delays will be posted on Volunteer Up.
- No special tools or equipment are required but work gloves are recommended.
How to register as a volunteer... Please visit our website www.ourtownshabitat.org and on the volunteer page click on Sign Up! tab. Volunteers will register and sign up for a build day on Volunteer Up.
--Click register under new volunteer on the right
--Enter a username, password, your name, email address, and other information you wish to share
--Check the boxes to indicate what roles/team you are interested in.
How to sign up for build day...
--Sign in with your username and password on the left
--You will see the broadcast message. This will contain reminders such as host site location and other timely information. Click return on the bottom of this screen.
--You will now see the calendar screen. Scroll down to find the day you are interested in, then across for project.
--Click the name of project.
--Check the box next to the shift you wish to work. You can also set up email reminders from the drop down menu. If you cannot choose the shift you want, you need to make sure you checked the appropriate team when you register.
--Scroll to the bottom of the screen and hit sign up. Now you are registered for that day.
Safety Training: Volunteers are encouraged to complete and pass the online 'Safety Training’ courses before coming to the job site. The Safety Training course is available on our web site and Volunteer Up scheduling calendar.
Volunteer waiver from can be found on Volunteer Up.
- Ages 12-13(accompanied by an adult only): landscaping
- Ages 14-15 (accompanied by an adult only): cleaning, painting, landscaping and installing soil-retention fencing.
- Ages 16-17: most construction tasks, except climbing ladders or operating power tools.
- Ages 18+: any and all construction tasks.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Partnership WayStatesville, NC 28677
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 day per week - to join our weekday crew
- Complete waiver form and safety training (Volunteer Up)