OMSI Guest Services Greeter (18+)
14 people are interested
Position Summary: Greeters welcome visitors to OMSI as they enter the lobby, and provide them with friendly and helpful service as they enter the museum’s exhibit areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and welcome them as they enter the lobby of the museum.
- Check for admission wristbands as visitors enter the museum’s exhibit areas.
- Assist visitors in understanding the layout of the museum.
- Give clear directions and provide accurate information about events happening throughout the museum.
- Currently seeking volunteers at least 18 years of age.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Outgoing personality.
- Able to speak in public and respond clearly and promptly to customer inquiries.
- Able to sit or stand in a designated area, making adjustments to positioning as needed to interact most effectively with visitors.
- Able to maintain a calm, pleasant, and cheerful demeanor in a variety of atmospheres, including busy, crowded conditions.
- Able to use sound judgment and decision-making skills to adapt quickly to changing conditions.
- Able to listen and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and age levels.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Patient and flexible
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative.
- Willing to follow OMSI rules and procedures.
- Training and a lifelong learning experience.
- Admission for the volunteer to the museum, theater and planetarium shows, and submarine tours.
- An OMSI Family Membership upon completion of 50 hours of volunteer service
- Discounts in the OMSI Science Store and on-site restaurants.
- The opportunity to meet many new people and learn more about OMSI.
We'll work with your schedule.
1945 SE Water AvenuePortland, OR 97214
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4 hour shifts per month, minimum of 9 month