The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life is currently accepting applications to build a STRONG Event Leadership committee in the Baker County community! Join the nationwide movement to fight and end all types of cancer!
Basics of a Relay Event:
- All-day volunteer-lead event, similar to a festival or carnival
- Teams of people set up tents and fundraise around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track for the duration of the event - because "cancer never sleeps"
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and fundraising opportunities
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
- Each team member is asked to raise a minimum of $100 in donations prior to the event.
Summary: This is the PERFECT opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference in the Baker County community and meet new, inspirational people along the way. Our event is made up of a planning committee; simply put, this is a group of volunteer leaders who support, plan, and execute the Relay For Life event. Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature event; Relays are held all around the world every year in an effort to fight cancer and find a cure!
Do you have 1-2 or maybe 5-8 hours a month that you could volunteer? Recent restructuring of the committee means "smaller, bite size pieces" for volunteers. Remember many hands make for lighter loads and you may have the skills we are looking for. Find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling (904) 391-3609.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment