Counseling interns receive supervised training in a clinical setting involving individual and group training, intake, and crisis intervention. In addition, interns receive training in Program Development, outreach skills, and various specialized therapeutic skills involving specific populations and treatments.
- Volunteers perform a wide range of duties, including but not limited to: providing for the safety, security, and well-being of court-involved youth, visitors, and staff within the secure facility.
- Assists youth with their lessons in the classroom, during academic and vocational programming, and works collaboratively with education staff to maintain order and discipline. Engages the youth in a positive and developmentally appropriate manner.
- Serves as role model and tutor to youth during non-academic hours; leads and participates in group counseling sessions; assists with the development of appropriate life and social skills; and supervises and participates in recreational, cultural, and workforce development activities.
- Assist program director and staff with various tasks including but not limited to: supervising youth projects, attending fund raising events, assisting the Executive Director, and reporting any behavior unbecoming of youth.
If you are interested, along with you response to this post, email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hrs per week
- Social Worker
- Workshop Facilitator...
- Paid Mentors
- Workshop Facilitator
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Volunteer Mentors
- Group Counseling Volunteer...
- Speakers to teach on subjects to...
- Development Volunteers
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Counselors to lead group and...
- Volunteer fundraiser/writer
- Counseling Volunteers...
- Grant Writer
- Social Media Volunteer
- Communications and Development...